The Lord wonderfully provided a way for my parents, siblings, Sky and I to be able to go to the beach this past week! We got a terrific deal on a oceanfront beach house that met our needs perfectly. Rain was anticipated for most of the time, but we had several very warm and sunny days! Sky loved the ocean and the sun and I put her feet in the water as much as I could. She just loves to be busy.
In the past months, Sky has occasionally had episodes where it seems that she can't catch her breath. It's like her throat is constricted and she's gasping for air. She only does it once or twice, and she's always lying down and usually unhappy. This past Wednesday morning, when she got up to nurse at about 3:30 am, she had an episode. Scared me to death. I was in the process of changing her diaper and in my panic, I grabbed her - bear bottomed with her dirty diaper hanging off of her - and ran upstairs to wake up my dad. By then, she had stopped and she seems ok. My heart calmed, she nursed and fell back asleep, and I laid down close to her crib to listen for her to start back up. The rest of the night passed uneventfully. However, when I was changing her diaper the next morning, she started up again and she did it more than usual. I quickly picked her up, thinking that in an elevated position, it would help. I decided in that moment that I was going to take her in. I didn't want the situation to become one that was so critical that my time would be too limited to get her help. I called Daniel and told him I was taking her to the emergency room. He wanted me to take her to Camp Lejuene which was close by. However, I didn't have any military ID or paperwork to show that we were part of their health care system. But my dad drove Sky and I down there to at least try. Sky was doing fine, and we weren't in a hurry. We were able to get onto the base quickly, and fine the emergency room. After waiting for about two hours, we were seen by the doctor there. He didn't really tell me anything I didn't already suspect, but it was good to know that her situation wasn't emergent. I was so thankful.
Daniel is now able to keep his phone on and with him all the time. It's been great to call him anytime I need him and he can talk. However, most of our conversations have centered around preparations for Japan. There are many things that have to be done before we can be declared fit to go to Japan with Daniel, and apparently, the medical personnel working with Daniel on this are giving him a hard time about not having any of Sky's or my paperwork done. I've been working on it, but some things just haven't fallen into place. Please pray that we get everything done! I have to have a dental visit, my midwife to sign papers, Sky's pediatrician to sign papers, I have to get our military ID's and military passports, and I also have to get screened on a base for preparation for Japan and get various immunizations and shots (fun). Fortunately , Daniel's been able to make appointments so that I can get some of those things done when I fly to Rhode Island for his graduation next week. Hopefully, all will fall into place - and soon! There is so much to be done!
I can't believe it's September already! Where has the time gone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment